The RF11 M-2 was a very small and simple VHF manpack radioset dedicated for short range R/T wireless communication. It's part of design (T/R switching and PSU, features and some hardware (socket) was inspired by the German WW2 Klein-Funk-Sprechgerät d, Kl.Fu.Spr.d (Dorette) otherwise electrically it's more close design to Russian RSB. (thanks to Miro, OM3CU)
The set consisting of two main boxes: the transceiver and battery case both carried on the operator's belt. Model RF11 M/2 was a later version of the RF11 and RF11 M which both operates on 23-28MHz. All versions are virtually identical.
- Frequency range 48.5-51.5 MHz.
- Battery valves (miniature type 1S4).
- Power 1.5V LT and 120V HT.
- Modulation AM R/T.
- RF output more than 30mW.
- Super-regenerative receiver.
- 21 channels with 150kHz steps
- Throat microphone.
- 50MHz crystal for calibration, fitted in RF11 M/2-K.
- Manufactured in 60's
73 - Petr, OK1RP
Text copyright © Petr, OK1RP